Gig Harbor: Assistant Manager for Paper Luxe/Little Luxe
Position: Assistant Manager
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours a week (some weekends required)
Location: Paper Luxe & Little Luxe Baby, Uptown Gig Harbor
Welcome to an exciting opportunity at The Kindship! We are seeking a dedicated and dynamic Assistant Manager to join our team in Gig Harbor. If you’re passionate about creating exceptional customer experiences, fostering a positive work environment, and contributing to the success of a thriving business, then this role is perfect for you. As the Assistant Manager, you’ll play a vital role in supporting our operations both in our gift store, Paper Luxe, and our baby store, Little Luxe, engaging with our team, and helping to maintain the high standards that define The Kindship. Join us in shaping an atmosphere of excellence and growth as we continue to provide top-notch service to our valued customers. This position will cover both shops, with a heavy emphasis on Little Luxe. Must think babies and baby clothes are adorable! 😉
Position Overview & Responsibilities
Currently, we are looking for a full-time assistant manager to run day-to-day operations at both Paper Luxe & Little Luxe, with an emphasis on Little Luxe. The assistant manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Working the retail floor to assist customers
- Creating a warm and welcoming environment for customers
- Learning about the different brands Paper Luxe & Little Luxe carry
- Designing eye-catching and aesthetically pleasing merchandise displays
- Setting the standard for energetic and engaging customer service
- Fostering an encouraging, hard-working, supportive environment for staff
- Facilitating communication between customers, vendors, and staff
- Processing customer orders and requests
- Managing inventory of both in-store and online items
- Providing insight and information to the buying team
- Completing general administrative duties
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be highly detailed (the little things matter to us!)
- Be able to multitask and problem solve in real time
- Will have previous retail experience
- Have a working knowledge of e-commerce systems
- While not required, Shopify experience is a plus
- Be proficient with Google Workspace apps (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Drive)
- Will have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Will have the tools, knowledge, and experience to effectively lead a team
- Weekday and weekend availability. We are as flexible as possible with scheduling to help you achieve a great work-life balance
- Able and willing to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Pay and Benefits
- Beginning pay range is $18-$21 per hour, depending on experience
- Employer-matched 401k plan
- Sick time (in compliance with state law) and paid time off (for full-time staff members working 36+ hours per week)
- A generous employee discount to all Kindship shops (Little Luxe, Paper Luxe, and The Curious Bear)
- The chance to work in a creative, positive, collaborative environment
- On-the-job training to support your learning, development, and growth
- The ability to become a leader at a quickly expanding local business with the opportunity to grow alongside it
Make a Difference
The Kindship has grown steadily over the past ten years from a small online business to a multi-location, multi-brand, customer service and community-focused organization. You will have the amazing opportunity to play an active role in the growth of the company and grow along side it.
We are a passionate and kind group of 25+ team members who work extremely hard to curate quality products and provide the best service possible. Our primary goal is to help our community celebrate each other through thoughtful and meaningful gifting in a positive and uplifting environment. Your role will be instrumental in helping us reach our goals and serving our community.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in what you’ve learned so far and want to explore joining our team, please fill out this application and email it to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter. Please use the subject line: GIG HARBOR ASSISTANT MANAGER. While we appreciate interest in the position, only candidates moving forward in the interview process will be contacted. Consideration of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
The Kindship is a local, family-owned company founded in 2012 by the mother-daughter team of Jennifer Luna and Laurie Hicks. Our stores include Paper Luxe (Fircrest and Gig Harbor), Little Luxe (Gig Harbor), The Curious Bear Toy & Book Shop (Fircrest), The Kindship Studio (Gig Harbor), and Kindship Cards (online).
Our mission at the Kindship is to help our customers find and choose the perfect gift or card in a thoughtful, kind, and personal environment with the absolute best customer service. Our four core values at The Kindship are kindness, quality, passion, and customer service and they are the guiding principles behind everything we do.
The Kindship is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be fairly considered for employment.